Learn to Surf Ski for Fitness and Adventure
Our learn to Surf Ski and Ocean Kayak course is designed to give you the fundamental skills necessary to start surf ski paddling and develop efficient stroke technique. Learn and improve your paddling skills on our fleet of Epic Surf Skis - V5, V7, V8, V8 Pro and V10 Sport.
Our Instructor/Student ratio is 1:6, so you are assured of first class tuition and service.
Looking for a gift idea for someone wanting to try an exciting new experience - consider a Gift Certificate.
THE Learn to Surf Ski COURSE
HIGHLIGHTS AND OUTCOMES:
Learn to Surf Ski and Ocean Kayak Courses are held for 3 hours on a Sunday morning at our Training & Hire Centre at Sandringham.
- Surf Ski design
- Choosing the right Surf Ski
- Choosing the right paddle and accessories
- Correct seating position
- Efficient forward paddling techniques
- Efficient methods of steering your surf ski
- Avoiding capsize, low support strokes
- Self rescues
- Launching and landing
- Appropriate clothing
- Weather interpretation - effects of tides and wind
*Note that participants must be able to swim 200m unaided.
DATES 2017-2018 SEASON
Learn to Surf Ski and Ocean Kayak
9am - 12 noon
Saturday 28 October, 2017
Sunday 14 January, 2018
Saturday 17 February, 2018
Sunday 18 March, 2018
HOW MUCH & WHAT DOES IT INCLUDE?
- $90 per person
- Epic Surf Ski and accessories, safety gear and paddling jacket
- One hour complementary surf ski hire (valid for six months)
Limited dates scheduled but you can take the course by Private Tuition (personalised tuition for just you or you and one or 2 friends - $180 for 3 hours or less if 2 or 3 people) or get your own group of 4 to 6 together and we will schedule a class for you - midweek or some weekends possible.
You can also undertake a private training program of 5x 2 hour sessions for $500, which also includes an hour's complimentary hire following each session to consolidate your skills.
Email us if you would like to organise a private class.
6 Reasons to Enrol
- Become a faster and more efficient paddler. Good instruction means you can gain skills in a day that would take a lot longer to gain on your own.
- Fun, fun, fun. Good skills means you can have more fun on the water.
- Increase your confidence with the ability to competently paddle and self rescue.
- Start with good habits and avoid having to get rid of bad habits later on.
- Learning to paddle within a group is a supportive and fun environment in which to learn.
- Some stuff is just to hard to learn from books - we believe in “learning by doing”
Had a great day with Rohan and Steve, two of the best instructors ever and they are nice guys as well. This is a fantastic sport that really needs expert tuition and this the only place to get it. The best selection of kayaks to learn in and try out and the location is perfect for all weather conditions with constant supervision and tech tips from Steve and Rohan. If you are thinking about taking up this sport then give Rohan a call and do this course!