Paddle Phillip Island
Discover more of the beautiful Victorian coast by sea kayak and continue developing your kayaking skills.
Spend 4 days with us on day paddles and experience some of the best paddling locations in southern and eastern Victoria for only $395 for 4 days' tuition (minimum and maximum numbers apply).
Possible locations are weather (wind, swell and tide) dependant and may include, but are not limited to:
- Western Port coast of Phillip Island - Rhyll, Cowes, Ventnor
- Crossing Cowes to Tortoise Head (French Island) or Sandy Point (Mornington Peninsula)
- Mangrove meander - Rhyll, Swan Bay, Churchill Island
- Tide stream paddling - Newhaven-San Remo Bridge
- Cleeland Bight - Cape Woolamai cliffs
- Anderson Inlet - Inverloch area
- Cat Bay & the Nobbies
- Southern Phillip Island coast - swell dependant
- Cape Paterson - Inverloch coast
Activities focus on developing your skills, knowledge and experiences of:
- Paddling skills - including kayak control
- Self-rescues, capsize prevention, rolling
- Towing and managing rescue situations
- Weather interpretation
- Navigation and route planning to compensate for weather conditions and tidal influence
- Safety equipment for day and overnight paddling
- Understanding the clothing, equipment and provisions used in sea kayak trips
- Developing leadership skills for group management.
Meet: 8.30am, location to be confirmed, cafe near first day's paddling location. Location will firm up in week prior to the programme.
Please be aware that we ask participants to make their vehicle available to assist with car shuttles if necessary.
When: Meet on the morning of Tuesday 27th November. We will conclude early afternoon on Friday 30th November.
Cost: $395 for 4 days tuition
If you require kayak hire - available at discounted rate $150 for the 4 days.
Minimum numbers: 3 participants
Prerequisites: Completion of our Sea Starter Course or equivalent experience.
Accommodation: We will be camping at a camping ground on Phillip Island - more info to come. Camping fees are not included. You are welcome to camp with us or organise your own accommodation at whatever level of luxury you wish.
Equipment: Participants will need to bring their own kayak, personal kayaking equipment, plus camping gear, stove, food, clothes, wet weather gear and personal items for 3 nights camping. Hire of kayaks and camping equipment can be arranged at extra cost.
Food: Self-catering. There are opportunities to shop for anything you need while on the program (or buy take-away) and we will have a meal out at least one night so bring some extra cash.
Bookings - link coming soon!